On Arrival in SA
The new South African Police Service (SAPS) Import/Export firearm office is located in the international arrival terminal. The office will be on your right hand side as you exist the arrivals terminals, terminals A1 and A2
- On arrival at OR Tambo International Airport, on an International flight, proceed to Immigration.
- Once you have cleared Immigration, go through to the carousel to collect your luggage. You will NOT collect your gun case here, as the security company will take it directly to the SAPS Permit Office.
- Although you will not collect your gun case here, make sure you sign for your rifles with the security company.
- Proceed to clear Customs.
- Exit Customs into the General Meeting Area.
- On entry in the General Meeting Area turn right, be on the lookout for a Riflepermits.Com signboard with your name on it. A representative of Riflepermits.Com will await you here and hand you your pre-authorized permit.
- The Riflepermits.Com representative will take you to the SAPS Permit Office and inform you of all necessary steps to be taken.
- Should you decide to make use of our services, this is where you will be informed on how to be out of the Permit Office in a flash!!!
- Please take note: The SAPS check the Firearms and Ammunition and issue the permits, NOT CUSTOMS!
- Although you will not be collecting your rifles at the baggage claim area, you still NEED to SIGN for your rifles at the FIREARMS SECURITIES OFFICE which is situated at the baggage claim area, this office is just behind baggage carousel number 8 and next to the duty free/liquor store. This only applies to clients traveling with South African Airways. If you are traveling with any other airline for instance Delta, KLM, Air France, Virgin Atlantic, British Airways or Lufthansa you don’t have to sign at the security office at the baggage claim area, you can proceed directly to the general meeting area.