To ensure that you have a successful hunting trip to South Africa in 2018, the paperwork needs to be in place first. Before you submit your rifle permits application, it is necessary to ensure that all of the following documentation is available:
- A completed and signed SAPS 520 Application Form.
- Certified copy of the photo page of your passport.
- Copy of complete flight itinerary as issued by your travel agency or copies of your return airline tickets.
- Proof of Ownership: A Firearm license / Firearm registration form. For hunters traveling from the United States of America, the CBP4457 Customs Form will be sufficient. Please note that this form must be dated, signed and stamped by US customs.
- Proof of Export from Country of Origin – For hunters traveling from the USA the CBP4457 Customs Form will be sufficient. This only applies to US applicants.
- Invitation Letter from Hunting Outfitter on Company Letterhead.
- A Rifle Permits mandate form, signed and completed, can be downloaded from our website.
Travelling Tip:Â Please ensure that you inform the airline you are travelling with that you will carry firearms and ammunition.Â Some airlines do require prior notification.Â If you are in transit through another country on your way to South Africa please also ensure that you have the necessary authorization to travel through those countries with firearms and ammunition.
Also remember that Henry Durrheim from Rifle Permits will be visiting the SCI Convention in Las Vegas from January 29 to February 4, 2017 (www.showsci.org); any client who attends the convention can contact him regarding their rifle permit documentation.